Friday, June 14, 2013

Barbwire Blog Interview With Aaron Sharp

This guy Aaron Waldrom is a powerful guy. Straight from England, this guy knows how to grapple and put opponents down. He also goes buy the name Aaron Sharp, and this guy is tougher than a two-dollar steak, as legendary broadcaster Jim Ross puts it.

This interview will have “The Lion" talking about his early work as well as his memorable feud and match in his career.

Let the interview begin!

1. How did you get involved in professional wrestling?

When I was 17 I met a wrestler who introduced me to the business and I started training with wrestlers before shows and then went over to WAW to get better training.

2. What was your early years like?

My early years were full of experience week in week out for a beginner, as I was travelling with some of the top talents in the world at the time, studying them and watching them. However it was hard to gain respect being a newcomer so it took me a while to settle in.

3. You perform for the World Association of Wrestling, promoted by Ricky Knight. What is it like to wrestle there?

Wrestling for WAW is such an amazing feeling, working with many of the top wrestlers around, and being a part of one of Europes top promotions is a priviledge.

4. What is your favorite feud in your career?

My favourite feud is definitely against Aron Frost, the Norweigen Viking, who I am currently feuding with (since 2009) and had some good quality solid matches.

5. What is your take on the World of Wrestling?

I feel as though there is alot of talent out there in the business today, and efforts really need to be shown alot more, and recognised especially the british talent. However it seems to be progressing more and more each year.

6. Do you watch the WWE product or the TNA product?

I like to watch WWE and occasionally TNA, and I do enjoy to watch the old school style from the 80's - 90's wrestling alot more.

7. What is your memorable match in your career?

My most memorable match would be versus Rowdy Ricky Knight back in February 2005. It was a sold out crowd and the atmosphere was amazing. It was definitely a moment and a experience that I will never forget.

8. Would you like to work on the independent scene or would you work in one of the big leagues?

Ideally, I would like to take my abilities and my career in wrestling to the top, in the most recognised wrestling company in the world, WWE.

9. What does the future hold for you?

So far, thanks to the Knights I will be traveling Europe a lot more this year and I am itching to get a try-out for WWE in the near future.

10. In closing, would you like to leave a last message for your supporters?

I would like to thank everybody who has supported me up until now and who has taught me everything I know in the wrestling business, and who has stood by me through the hard times, you all know who you are and believe me when I tell you.........you ain't seen nothing yet, the best of me is yet to come.

Special thanks to Aaron Waldrom for his time for this interview, as well as Saraya Knight for helping me out in the process. To learn more about this phenomenal athlete, check out his Facebook page at Facebook.com/aaron.waldrom.

You can follow me on Twitter @matthewhollie

No comments:

Post a Comment